Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant
Job Number: 1429
Date Posted: May 21, 2021
Location: Las Vegas, NV
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for performing complex accounting needs for Aruze Gaming America, Inc. Duties include assuming a leadership role to guide accounting personnel in daily tasks, communicating with company Executives about financial details, and is responsible for a company’s financial procedures, records, and statements for compliance with laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Daily cash reporting reconciliations
- Manage AR/AP related to general ledger cash transactions
- Manage a large base of highly active fixed assets including journal entries and reconciliations on a monthly basis using SAGE FAS Software
- Prepare and File Business Personal Property Declaration reports
- Prepare Fixed Asset Rollforward Reports, Quarterly, Year End
- Prepare and maintain monthly schedules that summarize debt activity including, debt roll-forward, deferred financing costs roll-forward, interest accrual, interest expenses, etc.
- Prepare Monthly End Close Journal Entries to include Prepaid, Accrued, Deferred, Amortization and Intercompany type transactions with supported documentation
- Assist accounting managers in any research of monthly journal entries and account reconciliation related questions
- Participation in all activities related to the monthly close process, including accurate & timely preparation of journal entries (supported by well-documented reconciliations), and the timely research/resolution of various business matters that have accounting implications
- Assists with preparing tax documentation required for the filing of tax returns
- Prepare documentation for External Auditors
- Assists accounting management as needed to complete ad-hoc projects, month and year-end reports
- Four-year college graduate with a major in Accounting preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of full cycle accounting inclusive of Inventory Management in an ERP environment
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Knowledge of GAAP & SOX compliance
- Experienced in relevant computer applications SAGE MAS/FAS 500, Microsoft Suite
- Five to seven years of general ledger accounting or related experience, preferably gaming manufacturing industry, with three to five years in a supervisory capacity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, and Outlook
- Intermediate MS Excel skills – VLOOKUP, Pivot, Data Filters, and Data Extracts/Imports
- Proficiency using Paperless Document Management System *DocuWare preferred
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets
- Able to use sound judgment, work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions
- Performs all functions in accordance with applicable GAAP, Gaming Control Board, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Aruze Gaming’s policies and procedures
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/workstation and respond to written and oral cues
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- May be required to bend, reach, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Handle stressful situations and tight deadlines
- Able to work additional hours when needed during month end close and audits. Also, able to comply with accounting scheduled all-team blackout dates
All employees are responsible for their personal safety and safety of others. Therefore, all employees must:
- Participate fully in company health and safety programs and comply with all company OSHA policies and procedures
- Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules
- Wear and / or use Personal Protective Equipment, when and how instructed
- Report hazardous conditions to management
- Report any job-related injury or illness to management, and seek treatment promptly
- Other duties as requested
- Office environment/desk job
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aruze Gaming America, Inc. (AGA) is engaged in highly regulated gaming. As a result, certain AGA employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation, or contracts. In order to ensure AGA complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, AGA requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with AGA (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to AGA conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Aruze Gaming America, Inc. (AGA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity or status as transgender, national origin, age, disability, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
AGA reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
This position requires registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
**No agencies please**