We are currently seeking a Legal Interpreter and Translator, that is fluent in both English and Japanese, in Las Vegas to join our exciting, dynamic and expanding team. Our company is innovative and has an entrepreneurial spirit that has attracted the best and brightest to join our team!
The Interpreter and Translator will convert oral speech and written text from one language to another in a variety of contexts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Carefully listens to or reads content—including jargon and acronyms—in the original language
- Understands and analyzes what is being said or written, and the message, intent, and nuances being communicated
- Reproduces statements or questions in the desired output language
- Facilitates effective communication with individuals, companies, courts, schools, or other interested parties
- Provides simultaneous interpretation (SI) or consecutive interpretation (CI) depending on the desired outcome
- Uses equipment such as microphones or headsets as needed to ensure precise and timely translations or interpretations
- Gathers, develops, and maintains lists of terminology and information that may be used in technical translations such as legal or medical materials
- Protects the confidentiality of information and adheres to any related ethical or professional codes
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency in multiple languages required; English and Japanese
- At least three years of related experience required
- Fluency in, and thorough understanding of, the primary language(s) being translated
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in the applicable languages
- Excellent listening skills and auditory recall as needed to remember spoken words and accurately reproduce them in the desired language
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to appropriately understand and respond to culturally sensitive situations, perspectives, and phrases
- Ability to work well under pressure and in intense situations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Strong written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Ability to work independently either individually or within a team structure with minimal direction
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and good follow-through required
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/workstation and respond to written and oral cues
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs.
All employees are responsible for their personal safety and safety of others. Therefore, all employees must:
- Participate fully in company health and safety programs and comply with all company OSHA policies and procedures
- Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules
- Wear and / or use Personal Protective Equipment, when and how instructed
- Report hazardous conditions to management
- Report any job-related injury or illness to management, and seek treatment promptly
- Other duties as requested
- Office environment/desk job
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aruze Gaming America (AGA) is engaged in highly regulated gaming. As a result, certain AGA employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure AGA complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, AGA requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with AGA (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to AGA conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
AGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Aruze Gaming America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
This position requires registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
**No agencies please**